Finally back in the saddle with working on Customs. I’ve had this green Outlaw sitting on my workbench for quite a while. It was time to finish it up. I found some pretty awesome wheels on an old Richard Petty stock car recently and pulled everything together yesterday.

I ditched the Goodyear logos by scuffing the sides with fine sandpaper. It left the tires looking dull and abused. I’m not 100% sure I like it... But, it does look kinda realistic and I will probably experiment further with scuffing tires to remove the sheen.

Custom Exchaust tips were made using the barrels for watch band fasteners (lol). My previous Outlaw had a gold exhaust, this one needed something more steel like.


Paint is Duplicolor Automotive Forest Green. Not perfect. I still have a long way to go to learn how to get paint to look pristine on these little cars. Hope to play more with an oven over the summer.

Also, I tried my hand at making custom yellow fog lamps with decent results. However, the process was a pain in the butt and I likely wont go down that road again. More trouble than it’s worth.

Overall, it’s good to be working on customs again. Now that I am done with school I have some more free time on my hands. I have, literally, 30 projects all stacked up on my shelves and workbench from last year. I’m going to try to finish them up!