Making some headway on the ‘Ring diorama, although I’m amazed at how much more work there is to a 2'x3' scene, compared with my earlier attempts. So this is what I started with, a simple sketch to flesh out the dimensions:

I ended up enlarging it a bit because I wasn’t sure if I could make the track, curbing and shoulder wide enough in 18".

Here’s the track surface (white foam core sprayed with a rattle can) hot-glued to the pink foam. This is my first attempt at hard shell (plaster) scenery, so I’m trying wallboard tape as my mesh to smooth out the overall surface.

What a mess!
Almost done.

It’s drying in the basement now, right next to the dehumidifier, so with a little luck I can start priming the plaster this evening!