HI there, yeah the year’s not yet over... but far from anything that’s a ‘Xmas Special’ or something super rare that’ll come out in the next 3 weeks, I think I can finalize my list now. So here’s my top 10. :D
1. Porsche 911 Carrera 2,7 RS. The amount of detail on this cast is just outstanding. I wanted one so badly that when it finally arrived at the pegs.. I had to get two!
2. The Mercedes Benz AMG GTR (also from Tomica). Again, the detailing, the opening doors, and the mainline wheels didn’t look too ‘out of place’ on this cast, it somehow looked right.
3. The Mercedes Benz G63 AMG 6x6 stands out as one of the most unique casts done by Matchbox. To date, I haven’t seen any other brand that’s done this, and at this scale.
4. The Mazda RX7. Done in beautiful blue... and the tampos are complete. It looks great.
5. The Lamborghini LP770-4 Centenario. Something that’s maybe unique to Tomica only? I haven’t seen any counterpart from Mattel.
6. The Chevy Chevells SS. Always has been a favorite... and now its back, in the Track Days series.
7. The Fugu Z, a heavily modified Datsun 240Z, and is now featured in films and video games. Again, a unique cast only to Hotwheels I think, I haven’t seen any other counterpart in other brands so far.
8. The 2017 Ford GT, by Tomica, took me by surprise by its amount of detailing.... and of course, its accuracy. That “hole” or “gap” under the buttresses... was the dealmaker for me, something which the HW car lacked.
9. My list will not be complete unless there’s the Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 EVO II! :D In my opinion, the best cast to come out from HW this year.
10. And finally... one of the most unique, and again - one of the most detailed casts from Tomica, its the Lamborghini Miura Jota.
For me, this was a good year... I was able to cut down on my spending. I think that as you grow older in this hobby...this is the direction you will eventually go? To not just buy and buy whatever looks good.. but to pause and think, and just buy the ones that you really want? .
Anyway, happy holidays LALD,
thanks for viewing,