Big things with little cars
Big things with little cars
Illustration for article titled 68 Custom Fleetside: Project Complete

I have to say I’m quite pleased with the results; I barely recognize it as the truck I started with.

Advertisement
 It’s hard to believe this is what it looked like back in July.
It’s hard to believe this is what it looked like back in July.

While the paint was not in terrible shape, the rest of the truck got some much needed attention. New parts (glass, interior, wheels) were ordered and installed, and a new “vinyl” top was “painted” on. The front grille and tail panel were also repainted.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled 68 Custom Fleetside: Project Complete

Drilling the rivets out was the only truly difficult step (a center punch is definitely handy to have)

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled 68 Custom Fleetside: Project Complete

The reproduction parts that I used fit quite nicely, with the exception of the glass. That required some sanding of the edges to adjust the fit, and it still could use a bit more adjustment.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled 68 Custom Fleetside: Project Complete

The “vinyl” top turned out better than I expected, though, it would have gone even better had I used the masking technique I discovered on the Camaro.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled 68 Custom Fleetside: Project Complete

Overall, it was a fun project, and I’m glad I was able to share the progress with LaLD.

Advertisement
Illustration for article titled 68 Custom Fleetside: Project Complete

Link to the previous posts.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter