Hey guys - I think it’s time. Time to sell some Die-cast cars. So here’s what I am going to do:
I’m going to do a silent style auction for each box as they are right now and I’ll set up an email address so that anyone that wants to bid on a box can do so privately.
The downside is that I, unfortunately, did not take notes as to which boxes the cars I kept were taken from. I also did not mark the numbers of each box! Next time I inherit a gigantic collection of die-cast cars though, I’ll know better!! But, determining which number each box is doable, so, don’t let that worry you. Thankfully, as far as which cars were taken from which boxes, with the exceptions of the Plymouth Dusters, Saabs, and a handful of others, most of the cars were duplicates.
Anyway, at the bottom I will post links to each box again so that you can browse again to find the ones you would like to bid on. Here are my rules and limitations (for now)
1) I would like to limit bidding to those living in the continental USA or southern Canada. The reason for this is the same as when I posted about the collection as a whole. Shipping everything is going to be very expensive, and, if the overall costs aren’t much different, I’d rather take a few days and make an adventure out of it. *
2) You can bid on as many or as few boxes as you want, but will be responsible for payment for all of the boxes you win. Email your bids to colossaldiecastauction at gmail. Please include the box number, bid amount, and your location (city and state or province is sufficient for now). If you are bidding on more than one, please have one line for each box and bid. **, ***
3) I haven’t fully thought through the payment process, but, check and or paypal would be most likely.
4) I’ll leave the bidding open for two weeks to hopefully give everyone enough time to go through everything.
5) Bidding will be open to anyone inside or outside the group, so, feel free to share with any facebook groups, etc.
6) Once completed, I will need to work with my employer for the time off needed for deliveries and create an approximate schedule. I’ll pass that schedule along to everyone ahead of time so that adjustments/arrangements can be made!
6) I have no doubt there are rules that should be put in place that I haven’t - but I’ve never done anything like this before, so, if you can think of anything, comment below!
*I estimated that shipping this collection as a whole was going to cost somewhere around $2k, and transporting it to most anywhere in the country would cost about the same. Obviously, while I am not trying to be greedy and make a fortune off of the collection, the costs of getting it to you guys would need to be covered (not from each of you btw, just overall). If that can’t happen, the auction would be cancelled and I would seek alternative options.
**I will do my best to keep all personal information and whose bid on what, etc. private.
***While I will still not share names/screennames/etc., if you want me to let you know if you’ve been outbid, put a note in your bid email. I will tell you if you get outbid and by how much, but, not by whom.
Here are each of the boxes again to refresh your memories (and mine!).
Thank you all very very much and happy bidding!
And another refresher on the few hundred cars that were set aside:****
****There are five cars not listed above that were set aside: A black unboxed RS6 Avant, a boxed yellow Ferrari 458, a boxed HW Cobra, a boxed Matchbox E-type in light blue, and an unboxed HW GT40.