Finally finished this custom. There’s a lot of work under the body so mostly unseen. Being a drag car the body hinges allowing access for your eyes, plus there some shots down further with the body removed.
There’s more in this than I want to type so ask any questions in the comments if you have any. As with my first dragscort the chassis/base is custom made from existing parts left over from wheel donors. It starts out as the interior part from a Chevy Astro van which is modified heavily during the build.
Although I didn’t get a shot those wheelie bars actually slide in and tuck under the bumper, you know, for street driving...
The engine is a slightly modified piece from the Ford Anglia panel van/delivery drag car. Might as well keep Henry happy and use as many Ford parts as possible. Now I did paint the block in a Chevy orange but that’s just to throw off the newbies at the track.
The alloy ‘body’ work is once again aluminium window flashing from a hardware. This stuff is 0.7mm thick. The wire is also from a hardware and is sold here as ‘tie wire’ amount other names. Comes on a roll so you need to straighten it out but that’s not difficult.
Ok, thanks for looking. See you at the track!