This started out as a test mule rather than a proper custom. When I did the FJ Landcruiser UTE last year I wanted to do a leaf spring set up for the rear axle. Last week I finally got around to trying some ideas out. Got lucky and had some encouraging results on the first try!
During testing however the thing rolled off the ‘test’ bench and suffered some damage. Over all it held up better than I thought it would but I had to modify the rear spring set up due to breakage. So the pictures below are of it in its current form, further down there are some shots of it with a couple of nuts I employed to test the suspension function. Those nuts were attached when it hit the concrete so I’m surprised the thing was even salvageable.
I’ll refine the look of this set up but the functionality of this design worked a lot better than I’d hoped.
I'm having all kinds of trouble loading the clips! Don't you ever change Kinja...
Shots of the damage. It looked a lot worse than it was only join that broke is the one between the axle and leaf spring, after realignment and glueing it rolls nice a straight again.
That’s it for now. Thanks for looking!