I’ve had this one in primer for a few months now. Most of my attention was spent on my diorama, but I did a batch of detailing on Saturday and felt like finishing this McLaren up yesterday. The weather was good, so I was able to paint it, detail it, and clear-coat it yesterday afternoon.

The P1 in yellow is fantastic, so I’ve been planning on doing it this way ever since I bought it. So glad it all went smoothly! Clear-coat went on like a dream! It’s thick and glossy.

All details are hand-painted of course. I did the underside of the wing black, and tipped the diffuser in silver. There’s a touch of silver on the interior as well. I’m keeping it simple.

Images with my logo were shot with my Canon 6D.
Images without my logo were shot with my iPhone 5s and edited in Snapseed.

Advertisement

I think I didn’t press it all tightly together, thus the large wheel gap.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement