I bought the first car/ truck for somewhere around $10 off eBay. I think I paid more for the ‘shipping’ than the actual car!! It’s an injection molded body with a friction motor in the chassis. I believe the sale is around 1/43, It was a little rough when I bought it and was the first car I used body filler on (both the V on the hood and top grille bars had chunks missing from rough play)
.....really it’s my first detail job like I do them today. I did one or two before that but not as detailed as this one.
So here it is, box stock:
Now this is NOT the example I detailed but one I picked up over a year later because it was super cheap and I actually wanted to be able to do sweet comparison pictures like what I have posted below!!
You can see the grille has some missing paint but overall it’s in great shape. All I did was remove the obnoxious front bumper so you can actually see the chrome front bumper!!!
This is everything I did:
- Chromed the entire front bumper, upper and lower
- Painted the grille gold mesh with blacked out squares
- Painted the turn signals and dagmar tips
- Chromed the headlight bezels and blacked out the mesh above the headlights
- Gold foiled the ‘V’ back and front
- Paint a black ‘opening’ in the front of the supercharger
- Painted the recessed areas of the wheels black
- Chromed around all the windows
- Chromed all the belt-line molding and simulated rear fin stainless
- Chromed the molding above the rear fins
- Chromed the door handles
- Chromed the dual hood ornaments
- Chromed the rocker panel trim
- Extended the rear bumper up the rear fins and re-chromed all of it
Here is my fully detailed car and the stock one for comparison:
I really like this car because all of the details were already there, all I had to do was paint or chrome them!
Note: All pictures were taken by me with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8