So my quick Hong Kong trip is coming to an end and within the short 1 to 2 hours I had spare to check out some cars, I picked up enough to keep me happy for a little while. Admittedly, I could have easily spent over $1000 in just one shop that had so many Tomicas. (Un)thankfully I didn’t have $1000 to spare.
Highlights of my HAWL:
- Hot Wheels Mustang Fastback SUPER TREASURE HUNT - it was just hanging there on the TRU shelf. I may have mutter some expletives loudly in my state of shock.
- Tomica Premium Volkswagen Type II Pickup. This was meant to come out this month but I read somewhere it got pushed back to August. Then at this little shop I saw the lady open up a carton of this, getting ready to place it on the shelf. I whipped out my wallet and threw down the cash without thinking twice. Probably the quickest sale she ever had.
- Tomica Limited Vintage versions of the Toyota Supra 2.0 GT and the Datsun Bluebird (510). Both very nice castings. Also from the TLV bunch are 3 police cars for my collection.
- Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment versions of the Ford F-250 and Chevy Silvereado. Both very nice and sure to make Tinfoil really jealous.
- Greenlight Breaking Bad camper, which I honestly found to be a tad disappointing. Out of the 5 that the store had, 4 had flaws in them, whether it be broken side mirrors, or bad paint. I am not that familiar with Greenlight but it seems to get hyped up a fair bit
And for those who have read the Kenmeri posts, Kenmeri got to meet its real life self...
Kenmeri having a moment for some self-realization after meeting its larger-than-life self
Super Treasure Hunt!!!
School Busted with Catwoman decal - very nice wheels. And the Tomica Subaru WRX STi, recently released. There's also a very hard to get Black version which apparently got sold out in the first week.