In my desperation to get my hands on a split window bug I wound up purchasing the recent VW 5 pack. I didn’t care for any of the others in the set but I was stuck with them so decided I’d mod a few of the undesirable cars.

The mock up: It was pretty easy build. Just cut off the fenders, cut the top a bit, epoxy the holes in the back and make some axles.

Advertisement

The end result: I painted her green because that’s what I had laying around. I probably should have found a new color to use. If the green looks familiar that is because I used it on “CamoFrog” the Custom Jeep. There is a lot of similarities between the two really.

Advertisement

Advertisement

A little briefcase on the deck to keep it form looking too naked back there. I was thinking a spare tire but I did that with the Mini.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Some others in the 5 packs didn’t have as much luck as the thing. . .