So I decided I should photograph the polishing steps to really see how each step alters the look.
Since I am doing a bunch of vipers as a sort of series I decided to showcase a Viper GTSR. This is a really great casting but it doesn't seem like Hot Wheels has been able to capture its potential.
(not my pic)
After stripping the paint, looked like so:
Next step was to go 400 grit sandpaper. This was the main one used to remove the blemishes/seams:
Next for 600 grit: (in the future I will just go from 400 grit to 800)
And then 800:
Then 1000 grit:
Final stage for sandpaper, 2000:
Finally, the buffing stage with some polishing clay on a felt cone with my dremel and a final dry buff with a felt disc:
Now with the polished crew!
Did a Jag XJ220 as well. A viper SRT-10 and RT/10 are in the pipeline :D