Hi guys! I’d like to show you my first serious/little less ridiculous attempt to make a 1/64 diorama.

As a diecast enthusiast, I always loved to collect a lot of different and amazing little cars. And I always like making photos of and with them. Although, the sun doesn’t shine every minute of the day, and my opportunities and beautiful landmarks nearby are quite limited, I have to choose another way to make near-realistic pictures with my jewels.

So I decided to use dioramas, which handles this kind of problem very well. You have a little piece of outside world on your bookshelf or any other furniture you use for this kind of reason. First, I used printed paper dioramas to make photos. Something like this:

Advertisement

And it served very well, for a long time. But it was quite bad looking from afar. And later, I found it very boring. I needed something new. So I started to experiment with the printable paper dioramas.

Advertisement

Advertisement

I tried a lot of them, I liked them, but after a moving, I lost/squish them accidentaly. And, to be honest, at that time, I wanted a garage! :D

That feeling started to grow stronger when I first saw the Greenlight dioramas. Oh god oh god, looks stunning! But quite pricey... And feels a bit little. Minuscule. I wanted something bigger. And then, I thought: “Since I’m a member in a lot of diorama builder facebook groups, I should do my own garage!”

So, I started to work on it. First, I have to design it. Check.

Advertisement

Then, I boutght some styrol sheets, to cut out the walls and the base. But then, I had to figure out, that cutting a styrol sheet is not as easy as I thought. I spend 3 days straight to cut out half of the things when I gave it up. The edges were shitty, it’s not gonna work.

But then, when I uploaded my struggels, Mr. Wolff’s Garage came to help! He told me to send the dxf’s to him, and he will cut it out from wood sheets. I thought it will be horribly pricey, but when he send me the invoice, I couldn’t believe what I saw. “I want it now!” I said. He sent me, and it looked like something I can finally work with.

Advertisement

After that, I just printed some of the decors, glued it together (as I managed) and done! I almost finish my first diorama! (It’s only around 90%, it will never be done). So I show you the result, and I hope you will like it! :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

I know that there are a lot of mistakes I made when I tried to put it together, it has it’s flaws, but I think, for the first try, it ends up quite nice!

Glad to share it with you guys, cheers!