Hi folks, here’s my top ten purchases from 2016. A handy list because I only actually bought ten models this year.
10. 1/16 Bburago Mini Cooper, it’s low on the list for now, but it will one day become an awesome replica of my full-size race car.
9. 1/18 Ottomobile Nissan GTR LM, JDM unicorn, somewhat simply rendered in resin.
8. 1/18 Ottomobile Mercedes E500 Limited, once again in resin. A part of me wants to try to take it apart and paint it like my real 500E, but it’s far too nice a model for that.
7. 1/18 Minichamps Zakspeed Ford Capri, because Jaegermeister...
6. 1/18 Auto ART Modified Nissan Skyline, because modified JDM ephemera will always tickle me.
5. 1/18 Auto ART Wangan Midnight ‘Devil Z’ because if I’m a sucker for modified JDM ephemera, Manga credit adds to it!
4. 1/8 Pocher Ferrari F40, because it’s a big bastard (restoration now under way).
3. 1/18 Auto ART 1992 Bathurst Nissan Skyline, because of my fond memories of watching it monster the Mountain.
Equal first, the two CMC 250 GTOs, because CMC, because Ferrari, because odd colour choice.
Here’s to 2017. I’d promised myself I’d concentrate on the alcoholic liveries and Porsches again this year. But I might go Manga, or maybe start McLaren F1s again. Oh well, we’ll just have to wait and see!