Picked up this bad boy off the neighborhood yard sale FB page for $10. We already had a red one for one of my twins, but naturally, needed a second. I know it’s 2017, but I just can’t let my son ride around in a pink car...

So I took it apart, stripped it down, and removed the eye and lips decals.

Advertisement

I decided to make a hood scoop in place of the creepy eyes. I laid down a base coat of black, then used the ol’ silly putty trick to mask off the area I wanted to keep black.

Advertisement

A final two coats of metallic silver gave me to look I wanted.

Advertisement

I used the same trick for the headlights and tails. I sprayed them first, used silly putty to mask, then did the whole thing in flat black.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Put it all back together today and I’m very happy with the final result!! I’m thinking of even doing the red one over in the spring.

Advertisement