So I did some more work last night, and this pic is the end result. Now I’ll share with you on what I’m aiming for.
As you can see, the whole thing is covered in dirt. The higher area will soon be covered in ground foam too; so the dirt will be what’s underneath the grass, randomly popping up to be seen. I’m also planning on covering the sides with dirt too, so it’ll look like I literally cut a piece of land out of the ground and put it on my wall.
Unfortunately I am in desperate need of a spray adhesive to ensure the dirt says there. I tried to just dab the glue in the necessary areas, but it just yanked some of the dirt up. It was a uphill battle honestly. And I’m COMPLETELY out of mod podge glue (which is what I’ve been using), so I have to get some more this payday.
Good news though, since my coworker friend (the one who lent me the hobby supplies to begin with, and has given me the chance to created these lovely dioramas) saw on FB that I started the shelf diorama, he’s re-lending me his supplies (I gave them back because I thought I was transferring, long story) Apparently they never left his car, lol. So that allows this project to keep moving forward...once I get glue, :).