I know I showed it on Instagram already, but isn’t it much more fun with large photos?
As our IG viewers will know, this car was inspired by the 964 backdated to early 70s spec by @rico_customs. As soon as I saw that light grey color with black wheels, I was in love and had to make one for myself.
It’s not a perfect replica of his car, as I didn’t move the fuel filler to the center of the hood and the wheels are slightly different as well, but I like it all the same. I do think it captures the look and feel pretty well.
Basically, here is the rundown of what I added/changed:
- Custom exhaust
- Five-spoke star wheels from the Odyssee. I took off the chrome finish with some oven cleaner, but on the rear passenger wheel you can still see a little bit of shine, sadly.
- Dutch antique license plate. As Jobjoris rightly pointed out, this particular plate belongs to a 911 Targa in real life, but it was the best one I could find on the GIS that looked right. At least it’s the correct gen 911!
- Decals all around (and that includes the grille and headlights. I did add some watered down yellow paint over the headlights to give the yellow lenses look, but keep the glassy look as well.) are from a friend on IG you guys should really follow as well because he does amazing work: @911customwerks
- Hood tie-down clasps. Tiny styrene. Those were a pain in the bum to cut out, as they kept breaking.
- Interior is fully detailed with a decal (from 911customwerks) for the gauge cluster, and black/white houndstooth pattern seats.
I love how it turned out, and thankfully even the clearcoat went on well!
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!