Here is the requested close-up of my modified wide-five wheels.
I forgot to take a photo of the original, unmodified version, but this is them:
I knew right away I needed them for a 356 Outlaw project, but I then realized that they are super skinny. And while the size is probably a lot more realistic than the beefy hot wheels ones, they looked strange on the Hot Wheels Outlaw.
To remedy this, I measured the diameter of a Hot Wheels Real Riders rim and found some aluminium tubing of the same size. I then removed the ridge that holds the tire in place on the M2 rim, milled them to the right diameter, and glued them in place inside the aluminium tube that I sliced in Hot Wheels width pieces. Voila!
New real riders with some Monoblock rubber tires. I was going to use Hot Wheels tires but the Monoblock ones had a nice amount of beef that so they looked better.
I still have to clean up the inner lip a little, and then I’ll paint them black with silver hubs.
But speaking of the wheels, Here is a tiny update to the rest of the car. Stance is finished, and I added the start of the padding on the faring behind the driver’s head.